From NUIG Mountaineering Wiki
Revision as of 14:05, 3 January 2017 by Fionn
- The hut can be booked by emailing email@example.com. It costs €15 per person, per night (January 2017).
- The hut sleeps 23 people in on alpine style beds. Three rooms upstairs, one of which has single bunk beds while the other two room have large mattresses with people sleeping side by side.
- Downstairs contains two toilets and two showers. A sitting/ dining room with a stove and a large kitchen with new gas rings and good facilities.
- The hut is heated by central heating and a stove in the dining room, it can still get a bit cold in winter.
- Unlike hostels, the hut actually has sufficient space for storing hiking and climbing equipment
- There is parking for about 7 cars.
- A small space outside can also be used for camping.
- Driving from Dublin city, before you enter Glendalough town take the turn right up the hill. It's about 3 minutes up that road on the left hand side. There's a small sign outside on the road marking it as the IMC Hut.
- You can get a public bus to Glenalough. If on foot, walk out towards to the An Oige hostel and just before you hit the hostel take a turn right following a small road. Follow this road and you can cross the river over some stones and walk up a field to the hut.
- You have tons of bouldering and hiking within walking distance. There is some "sSuggestions" of trad climbing near by.