Whether you’ve been climbing before, you’re looking for a new sport that pushes your limits or if you always wanted to try rock climbing, the Mountaineering Club is the club to join!
For new members who would like to climb, here is how you start
How to start:
- Sign up for beginner sessions here! Each lesson costs €6 and includes climbing shoe rental (€12 in total for the 2 lessons). If you’re an international student, don’t worry, our secure card reader also reads international card.
- Come to your first lesson on Tuesday @6:30pm or 8:00pm.
Your first lesson, which you picked the date of, starts at 6:30pm and lasts for about an hour. You will be taught how to tie a figure of 8 knot, learn about the vocabulary and equipment of climbing and you try climbing!
- Come to your second lesson @6:30pm or 8:00pm.
The second one automatically booked takes place on Thursday (attend the time slot that you have booked for the Tuesday). In this lesson, you will be taught how to belay (control the rope) and try climbing!
- Come to do your assessment when you have booked it online. Once you’ve done both lessons, you can book an assessment online and come back to the wall at the allocated time and day. Someone will assess you to make sure you can climb and belay safely. Once you pass the assessment, you will be given a climbing card that allows you to climb outside training hours (check here).
- Each assessment costs €6 and includes climbing shoe rental. This fee will be paid online when you book the assessment through our webpage.
- Make sure to come on Tuesdays, as we will head to our social night after training! A great opportunity to meet everyone and make new friends!
What you’ll need:
- A tight fitting pair of runners/shoes or boots or climbing shoes. The club has climbing shoes to rent for a cost of €2.
- Tracksuit bottoms/leggings, or a loose/baggy pair of jeans.
- Bring your credit or debit card.
What if you have climbed and belayed before?
You will have to book an assessment online. During the booked slot, someone will check that you can tie the figure of 8 knot and belay safely. 6 euros is charged per assessment. You will receive a climbing card if you pass.
Please note: You must fill out the medical form before taking part in any event. It can be found here. If you have any serious conditions you must notify the committee and if deemed necessary you may be asked to get a signed doctors note that it is safe for you to take part.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cannot make a session you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know. To receive a refund you must give the committee at least 4 hours notice.