Active club members may request use of club equipment for personal expeditions. Priority is always given to official club events.
Process to rent gear:
- Fill out the gear request form.
- The equipment officer or captain will contact you and confirm if the gear is available.
- They will also arrange to meet you to give you the gear, a €5 refunded deposit is taken.
- Club members who borrow gear can be liable to pay for the replacement or repair of gear if lost or damaged. It is up to the decision of the committee whether the club member will be charged.
- Gear can only be borrowed if requested via the online form.
- Gear must be returned in the same condition it was lent out in.
- Any falls or damage to gear must be notified to the equipment officer on return.
- Tents can only be used in mountain situations where use of such a tent would be required in order to ensure their longevity. It shall be the decision of the committee to decide if a certain situation is a valid use of the the tents.
- Club equipment may not be used for caving.
Breaking any of the above rules results in a six month gear ban, plus possible additionally disciplinary action if chosen so by the committee.
|Storm shelters (2,4,6,8 man sizes)|
OS maps for various parts of Ireland.
UK Maps for parts of Scotland, Wales and the Lake District
First Aid kits
|Rental of ropes is charged at €2 per day, per rope. |
Tiger 60 meters dynamic (Dry core treated)
Joker 50 meters dynamic
2 sets of Twin ropes
Various static ropes (White & Black)
3 climbing racks
|Black Diamonds helmets |
|Winter Mountaineering Gear|
|2 sets of technical ice climbing axes |
Walking ice climbing axes (T rated and non T rated)
Crampons (Rigid and non rigid)
|Mountain Hardwear Trango 6 Man. |
Alpkit 4 Man
Note: These tents can only be used in mountaineering conditions