NUI Galway Mountaineering club (here after refereed to as the club) is a registered organisation inside of the National University of Ireland – Galway, and managed by the Sport & Clubs unit. As a result data protection polices for the above two entities take precedence over any of the information below.
Member’s information is stored by these entities and falls directly under their responsibility.
By interacting with the club your data may be stored on services outside of the services maintained by the two entities named above and the following information is related to those services only.
The following are external services that may process your data by your interactions with the club:
|Name||Role||Data protection policy|
|NUIG Sports Unit||* Joining the club |
* Attending club activities
|G-Suite||* All email interactions with official club addresses (email@example.com) |
* Specific information you give us for certain activities that may be stored on this platform.
|Stripe||* Any payments made on the nuigmc.com/store platform||Link|
|Sum Up||* Making a card payment to the club||Link|
In addition to the above your information will most likely be stored in the following regards:
- Club medical consent forms which are collected for all active club members.
- Registered climbers database to record assessment levels of climbers.
- Additional lists related to specific activities such as trips.
- Purchases on the club store.
- Interactions on our websites (Specific policy here)
- Weekly newsletters
What does the club do with my data?
The purpose of storing the above data is to:
- Maintain accurate records to allow the club to function efficiently.
- Ensure the safety & enjoyment of all club members.
We will request your permission if the above purposes reasonable undergo change. This all conforms with GDPR.
Who has access to my data
You data is accessible by the following:
- Members of the committee
- Webmasters of the club
- Walk leaders/ Climbing instructors
- Members of the university staff
- (Only in the event of an emergency) Emergency organisations
Your data is not shared outside of the above.
In all cases, your data is stored in safe and secure systems. Personal data is kept for a one year period (Normally September to September), except in limited cases such as incident report forms which are kept as per external legal requirements. Emails from our alumni and GMIT members are keep until requested they are left.
You data is stored either in G-suite servers (Above), Blacknight hosting or Digital Ocean.
Right to be forgotten
As per GDPR guidelines, you have a right to request the club removes all personal information we have stored on you within 14 days. You can submit this request by emailing both firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
As per GDPR guidelines you will be informed within 48 hours if your personal data has be breached.
Questions and comments.
You are more then welcome to submit questions or comments on the above information by contacting us on
Written: Mountaineering club, Sports Office, Kingfisher Sports Unit, NUI Galway, Newcastle, Galway.